Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Majorly Procrastinated Update

Day 103

Bed rest started with a bang for me- it took me weeks to process the fact that one minute I was standing, a normal pregnant person, and the next I was ordered to lay down for an indefinite period of time.

Bed rest has ended (sort of) in a very different manner. For the past 5 weeks, I've been building myself a normal life, very slowly. I started with some extra sitting, then some actual standing and walking. I continued spending more time moving and testing myself. My body passed with flying colors- after a few weeks, my cervix had actually lengthened to be stronger than the average 3rd trimester pregnant cervix. I am the valedictorian of bed rest!

By now I am on to some swimming, evening walks, shopping, and running errands, and as of last week, going back to work on a very limited basis. I'm back to my office about 12 hours a week, and still working 8 or so more from home. It's going ok- more tiring than I expected. I still spend several hours a day lying down and resting.

I love being more active. I didn't realize how difficult bed rest was becoming until it loosened up. I'm starting to be more aware there's a real actual baby girl coming really soon, and I've started cramming a little, like newborns are exams.

She's getting big, about 4 lbs. She's built like Danny so far- average weight, legs and arms in the 80th percentile, and the best news- her head is in the 35th percentile and I hope and pray it stays that way. We just can't wait to meet her.

I can't say enough times, that this whole experience would have been unbearable and impossible without our amazing support system of family and friends. Food deliveries, house cleaning, dog walking, book and movie loanings, long chats, and calls and emails of support. We are humbled. We are so, so happy. We thank you all.

1 comment:

  1. Now watch--after all that, she'll probably decide to be obstreperous and have to be forcibly ejected in the end. LOL.

    ReplyDelete